Allo 2.1 Devcon launch

Introducing the “Working Backward” method

The Amazon working backward method is a product development approach that starts with the team imagining the product is ready to ship. The product team’s first step is to draft a press release announcing the product’s availability. The audience for this press release is the product’s customer.

More here: Working Backwards (the Amazon Method) | Definition and Overview

Using the work backwards method, Id like to detail what I see devcon launches for Gitcoin looking like.

Allo Devcon Press release draft

The industrial era is ending and the internet era is accelerating. As our capacity for collective action is waning, our need for collective action has never been greater. We have a generational opportunity to seize this moment and solve our contemporary coordination failures & build towards a more peaceful, more prosperous, 21st century.

Our biggest lever is building funding infrastructure for the Ethereum Age. So that humanity may Fund What Matters. To accelerate this transition, Gitcoin is releasing AlloKit - a new suite of tools for building funding infrastructure.

Gitcoin is the operator of the longest running Grants program in web3, which has funded $60m worth of grants through 4m unique transactions to 4k unique projects. AlloKit compresses Gitcoin’s 6 years of experience in building capital allocation tooling into an easy-to-use devkit that makes it easier to build powerful capital allocation tools.

Allo Kit includes

• Allo 2.1 - secure, well documented, smart contracts for allocating capital using the most popular mechanisms (RFPs, Quadratic Funding, Retro Funding, and more)
  • Allo SDK - a javascript toolkit that makes accessing Allo easy.
  • Allo Indexer - a tool that makes it easy to query data in the Allo ecosystem

Allo is backed by the Gitcoin Citizens Grant program, which is powered by Allo. Gitcoin has just announced 6.9M worth of grants for building on Allo, and an 18-month roadmap for using Allo to build Allo (“The Upward Spiral”).

If you are a developer who wants to build the next generation of Capital Allocation, get started today at docs.allo.gitcoin.co.

Join us in funding what matters and building a world shaped by positive community led change.

Feedback Welcome

If you are interested in helping validate AlloKit, Allo 2.1, or the Allo Indexer, please DM me.

3 Likes

This is going to be really interesting, and I’m excited to see where this is going and how we validate this work.

We have a lot of goodies in the pipeline in the next few months that @owocki @meglister @MathildaDV are working hard on rolling out and would love to see this gel into a hub for capallo tools being built within the ecosystem. We still need to push through the Citizen’s Fund to complement this and I’d like to hear from the community what it would take to make this a juggernaut.

2 Likes