A governance question for GreatestLARP.com

Sers, I propose we WOMP WOMP immediately. Then we pay Steve Aoki to do a cameo saying WOMP WOMP. Fomo ensues and the coordination of ETHbots will surely hit power levels over 9000 to defeat Moloch. Option 2 is also nice.

2 Likes

I also really like that idea, the community calls usually bring in a decent amount of exposure.

I support using a wompwomp if there are no sales on the last 24hs, althought i also like the idea of using it on special events, such as twitter spaces or conferences.

Womp Womps could not kick in until prices reach a certain level.

Hey all, its hard to parse the responses in freeform. Can you please vote on this poll?

After 36 hours Ill plan to close the poll + we can institute the policy.

• No womp/womps
  • 1 womp/womp every 24h with no sales
  • 2 womp/womp every 24h with no sales
  • 3 womp/womp every 24h with no sales

0 voters

• Do it at the same time every day.
  • Do it on community calls + communicate those ahead of time.
  • Both.

0 voters

3 Likes

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why a price increase? In this case, it feels coordination across 200 people purchasing 200 NFTs feels sufficient than coordination with increasing prices which may push out others from coordinating.

Agree - it doesn’t really serve the community to have a price curve that stretches into the stratosphere (exaggeration) just as we are wanting to onboard new members. And I would also not be concerned if prices didn’t rise after I purchased.

The goal of the campaign is twofold:

1. spread the word about the fight against moloch
  2. raise money for public goods.

To your point; the price support is probably in support of the 2nd goal over the 1st goal. But the womp womp is designed to balance this out.

1 Like

Poll is now closed, here is the results.

Ill plan to execute the womp womps around 9am MST every day, and will post in the telegram channel about it when the txns are submitted.

Posting this on behalf of @Colton

Womp Womp V2:

The womp womp was designed to strike a balance between (1) spreading the Moloch lore and (2) funding public goods.

Eventually, the current womp womp will unlock the next level, but keep in mind, this same system plays out again on the next level. If this level takes 3-4 weeks, the next level takes 3-4 more. And there’s still a final level after that!

Crypto moves fast and this auction must consider the ecosystem’s pace to maximize public goods funding.

There were no womp womps this morning because a single sale happened 21 hours ago. We have clearly not found a level most participants will engage with, and delaying a womp womp is unnecessarily dragging this process out.

I propose we womp womp every 24 hours, regardless of sales. When people start buying again, the bonding curve + womp womp will stabilize the price.

Can you please vote on this poll?

After 36 hours I’ll plan to close the poll. Kevin has agreed to “folllow the lead of whatever the community decides”.

• Womp womp every 24h, regardless of sales

• Don’t change anything. The current Womp Womp works

0 voters

How many womp womps should happen each day?

• 1 womp/womp every 24h

• 2 womp/womp every 24h

• 3 womp/womp every 24h

• 4 womp/womp every 24h

• 5 womp/womp every 24h

0 voters

5 Likes

The community has beat level 2 + we will be moving on to level 3!

Eventually, the current womp womp will unlock the next level, but keep in mind, this same system plays out again on the next level. If this level takes 3-4 weeks, the next level takes 3-4 more. And there’s still a final level after that!

Based on the above discussion + comments (in which the womp womp was being discussed as a method to beat the active levels), I am interpreting the “womp womp” policy to be applicable to the current active level. If people feel we need another poll to disambguate womp womp across multiple levels, please feel free to post another poll to measure that sentiment.

1 Like

Welcome to level 3 everyone! here is the curve for level 3 at present:

Lets ratify a new womp wopm policy for level 3, this poll will last 36 hours:

How many womp womps should happen no matter what each day?

• 0 womp/womp every 24h
  • 1 womp/womp every 24h
  • 2 womp/womp every 24h
  • 3 womp/womp every 24h
  • 4 womp/womp every 24h
  • 5 womp/womp every 24h

0 voters

In addition to the base womp womps (above), should we add a bonus womp womp womp when the price is higher than 0.2 ETH?

• 0 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.2 ETH
  • 1 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.2 ETH
  • 2 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.2 ETH
  • 3 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.2 ETH
  • 4 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.2 ETH
  • 5 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.2 ETH

0 voters

In addition to the 0.2 ETH womp womp + the base womp womp, should we add a bonus womp womp womp when the price is higher than 0.4 ETH?

• 0 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.4 ETH
  • 1 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.4 ETH
  • 2 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.4 ETH
  • 3 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.4 ETH
  • 4 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.4 ETH
  • 5 extra womp/womp every 24h if the price is above 0.4 ETH

0 voters

4 Likes

Hi Kevin, I agree with the sentiment of using the womp womp with the conditions you have set above, until, we complete the level, at which point–I recommend no womps to be used in order to maximize any potential lagging sales, which would fund public goods.

I have voted accordingly, and agree with general consensus of more womps to defeat the Moloch’s. Thanks for everything you do. I’m learning a lot through this process.

2 Likes

poll is now closed. here is the results.

1 Like

edit: moving the poll to a new post now

MoonShotBots launching at our community call was a big win - perhaps we could launch the Final Boss at our call on the 6th?

1 Like

thank you for the suggestion. added that to the poll

Hey everyone,

At the current pace of sales of 4-12 sales per day, and with 80 sales to go, Level 4 (The Final Boss) is about a week away.

Its possible that the final boss will happen at night time, or during a holiday (US Thanksgiving is coming up).

Some ppl have come to me and told me that its important that for sale optics, it is important that we are able to co-market the final level together when the final boss goes live.

This leads me to the following poll. What should the final boss go-live policy be?

• goes live as soon as level 3 is beaten.
  • goes live the next business day, at 9am MST.
  • goes live after 2 business days, at 9am MST.
  • goes live after 3 business days, at 9am MST.
  • goes live after 4 business days, at 9am MST.
  • launch at the next moonshow collective monthly call on the 6th at 1pm MST

0 voters

For the purposes of the poll above, lets assume that holidays as defined by this calendar are not business days. And that weekend days are not business days.

1 Like

poll is closed; here is the results. see you at this event AddEvent

Hi larper frens,

Since the Greatest LARP launched, we’ve raised over $500k–all going directly to the Gitcoin Grants Matching Pool.

You are all awesome. Seriously.

We’ll be doing a full retrospective on what we’ve learned so we can make the next fundraiser even more fun, but today we have one more decision to make as a community.

We have pooled 38 ETH in the final boss PartyBid, but momentum has slowed. It’s time to decide on the biggest womp womp yet.

Please cast your vote, I’ll close this poll in 24 hours.

and remember, if you want the final battle POAP, join us in the GitcoinParty: GitcoinParty is bidding on ETHbot VS Moloch Showdown | PartyBid

• Drop the Reserve to 40 ETH when this poll closes
  • Drop the Reserve to 45 ETH when this poll closes
  • Drop the Reserve to 50 ETH when this poll closes
  • 100 ETH! I don’t care how long it takes

0 voters

1 Like