[S17 Proposal] INTEGRATED Gitcoin Passport Budget Request

As a heads up to folks - I moved this budget to Snapshot for vote!

Hoping for your support.

https://snapshot.org/#/gitcoindao.eth

1 Like

I voted yes on this proposal. While the budget is higher than I would expect, Iโ€™m supportive of the DAO putting in the resources for a period of time to see what is possible with building out and improving Gitcoin Passport as I think there is a lot of potential and my past interactions with it indicated to me there was significant work to be done to improve the product / user experience.

2 Likes

Thanks for this breakdown Kyle, all very helpful. Makes sense to me that the Product Collective has broken up into Passport & Alloโ€”I imagine this will increase efficiency and save costs over time.

How many engineers make up the Passport Core Contributors vs Leadership/Ops?

Are the 60 day reserves just 2 months of additional runway in case unexpected costs arise? Are they returned to the treasury if unspent or rollover to the next season?

Thank you!

Currently the core Passport team is 5 engineers (one is out on parental leave), 1 PM, and 1 Designer. Leadership/Ops is a team of 3.

Correct, unspent reserves roll over to the next season, and the following season we will only request the funds from treasury needed (i.e. expected operations + 60 day reserves - current reserves)

Thanks for your interest, hope that helps you evaluate your support for the budget!

Why is there not an abstain vote in the snapshot?

Anyway I intended to vote abstain to protest the high value, but since time is running out and I am probably not gonna have access to this key till it runs out I am voting a reluctant yes since I know that development is important (though imo too expensive)

The Abstain option wasnโ€™t set up accidentally. It was an oversight when Kyle put it up on Snapshot.

I appreciate your position regarding cost and respect whatever decision you make regarding this proposal.

1 Like

Hey all - I wanted to offer some updates given this budget passed.

I posted this to Tally and wanted to share an update on the amount given the price of GTC.

Amount:
Gitcoin Passport (GP) workstream is requesting 404,750GTC* for S17. We will be leaving all reserves with the Gitcoin Allo workstream, and as a result we are requesting the full amount of reserves be funded.

*The GTC total will be adjusted based on the current market value at the time this proposal is moved to Tally. In this post, we used a $1.98 conversion rate. The vote will request the $USD amount in GTC at the lower of the current price or the 20 day moving average.

Here is a link to the Tally post: Tally | Gitcoin Proposal

Voting will go live in 48 hours.

1 Like

This snapshot vote has passed with ~100% approval rate.
Metrics:
1289 unique votes
~8.2M GTC tokens cast.

To note, the number of GTC tokens cast was below average, likely because there was no โ€œabstainโ€ option included in this vote.

Thanks to @griff, @azeem @farque65 @bobjiang and @annika for all the time they dedicated as volunteer steward reviewers of this budget.

https://snapshot.org/#/gitcoindao.eth/proposal/0xd87e0ae2a52d68860616dd21d4e0ddc552d672712d2e11a52e08a27213106108

4 Likes