Gitcoin Entering the End Game

Excited about this new chapter and grateful to be part of it!

24 Likes

I support this direction and am excited to see a Gitcoin endgame mean that it is extremely focused on grants! Congrats to @meglister for leading the new chapter of Grants and to @Jeremy for Passport :fire:

I’m curious if there might be a good leading indicator for measuring PMF for Grants? The top line {$50M+} towards public goods is more of a lagging indicator. Maybe it’s something like “quarterly active round operators” … ?

Anyway, wishing the team every success … and a $500M+ towards public goods bumper sticker :soon: !

21 Likes

Thanks @ccerv1 and glad to have you on board, too :slight_smile:

Regarding PMF – I’m tracking these metrics for Grants Stack: [Proposal] Grants Stack S20-21 Budget Request . Increasing number of rounds (proving market need), driving repeat users (proving product value), and creating paid pricing (proving product value) are top of mind. So far, we’re doing quite well – we’re at 48/50 rounds, 7/10 repeat customers, and 0/5 paying customers (though waiting to intro pricing until after the Allo v2 migration is complete.) We will likely refresh these metrics to be more inclusive of Allo & Program, but given Grants Stack is the main interface for our grants offerings, it’s a good sign!

10 Likes

Fully support this, with the small caveat that “$1B in Grants” should be a target milestone, not the endgame (what happens once you achieve $1B?)

9 Likes

Really excited about this future! Grateful to be apart of this new chapter within Gitcoin!

9 Likes

Thanks @ccerv1! The team is really excited to see continued Passport adoption, while enabling the Gitcoin DAO to focus on Gitcoin = Grants = Growth. I truly think this is win-win for everyone.

8 Likes

I wanted to share a special Gitcoin Pulse episode where we cover this pivotal moment in Gitcoin’s journey.

In this episode, we cover the TLDR about the announcement and also do a deep dive with key players at Gitcoin to learn more about what we can expect in the coming months and beyond.

This includes interviews with:

You can listen to the episode here: Gitcoin Entering the Endgame by Gitcoin Pulse: News That Matters

11 Likes

This was a great read and exciting vision for Gitcoin’s endgame. Stoked to see this come to life and support in anyway we can at DD.

9 Likes

sounds as a good plan
we shared it with our readers in local language on Banklessadria substack

6 Likes

Looking forward to the building of a more robust web3 community :pray:

4 Likes

Very exciting to see. Love the renewed focus & clarity.

6 Likes

What’s the focus on grant success? Funding someone without performative response and analysis is only a negative impact to the real work being done.

3 Likes

i love this community so much it is the best i have come accross so far ,itz the best ,i would like to have review it

4 Likes

Excited about this future! Good plan

4 Likes

Excited about this new chapter and grateful to be part of it!

3 Likes

This is awesome, looking forward to the new chapter.

3 Likes

This is awesome, looking forward to the new chapter.

3 Likes

As an avid chess player myself, I do find endgame to be the most interesting segment .

Really glad I stumbled onto gitcoin during such an interesting phase !

6 Likes

great initiative! i don’t know how to validate my ID tho

3 Likes

Happy to be in this community. I hope this noble project runs smoothly. Cheers to all of you, the team

2 Likes