🚨 DAO Donation Request for EarthQuake Relief Fund in Turkiye

Thanks for your response Kris. Afaik, I got the impression that Gitcoin is not willing to move this initiative to a DAO vote on Snapshot. If that is the case, would you please close this thread and in return, if you could just pin it so that at least individual donations may still continue?

And I do know how to create a Grant on Gitcoin for sure. This was just a temperature check submitted to the Gitcoin DAO to see if there’s enough support for some kind of a matching fund for further collaboration with this funding effort.

2 Likes

Our new platform is going through some fixes and as such, we can’t run any more matching rounds until March - that said, if there is still a need (and I imagine there will be), I would be behind working to set up a specific matching pool in the March cohort of “test rounds” we’re planning for causes specifically supporting the earthquake relief efforts. Do you think that would still help support those in need?

5 Likes

Thank you Connor,

we all are very emotional because of the past few days, seeing and living the tragedy of the earthquake around us and try to solve things as fast as possible.

How can we stay on top of this and start the process in march should we remind you again or will you get back to us?

1 Like

Please help Turkey! Turkey needs your help!

1 Like

Dear Gitcoin family,
We’ve been hit with a massive earthquake. Lives lost and still many people are under rubble. We need to stand together. if you are in a position to help, please don’t hesitate. We need your support.

2 Likes

Türkiye need your help, please donate and raise awareness

2 Likes

We must all do our best for the disaster in Turkey. Please don’t hesitate to support.

2 Likes

Thousands of children and adults are need help after two deadly and devastating earthquakes hit Turkey. Support Turkey and Turkish people with your donations.

2 Likes

Help Turkey. A penny matters! :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

This is absolutely a tragedy and I don’t mind at all that you’ve posted a request for help here. I’d encourage everyone to chip in.

I am unsure if this is simply a request for donations from individuals (and maybe Gitcoin if it was possible) or if you are looking for assistance in dispersing the funds.

As for the request, here is my contribution

Additionally, I’d love to work with a designer from the Turkish community to create 3 tiers of POAPs

Tier 1 - $10 or more
Tier 2 - $100 or more
Tier 3 - $1,000 or more

We can work with the POAP team and FDD analysts to retroactively send out the POAPs to anyone who donates to the addresses above or to a specific gitcoin donation address if preferred. That might be better.

What does everyone think about this plan?

Calling in attention support from MMM @CoachJonathan @Viriya @garysheng

6 Likes

Thousands of people are waiting for even small amounts. Help Turkey!

1 Like

This disaster that befell Turkey is one of the worst earthquakes of recent years. There are tens of thousands dead and injured, millions of homeless people.
Your help is very important to humanity.
HELP TURKEY!

1 Like

Turkey needs your urgent help. Any help will be beneficial, please do not underestimate the disaster.

1 Like

@mrtdlgc @timucinylmz @yigitogz et all,

Hi from Supermodular.

We’d be interested in hosting a flash QF round for you, using Gitcoin’s protocols, to distribute aid on the ground.

Can you please join this telegram ( Telegram: Join Group Chat ) and we can coordinate something there?

Best,
Kevin

6 Likes

By the way, thanks for this idea. As far as I know, Turkey Relief DAO is already working on some designs that we plan to initiate through POAP checkout. I will DM you on Discord or wherever you feel comfortable with me sending you a DM once we launch it.

Thanks a lot :heart:

I can also contact zer8 as we almost daily talk to each other in our 1hive groups :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @krrisis
Hello @connor

Thanks for your responses.

we all are very emotional because of the past few days, seeing and living the tragedy of the earthquake around us and try to solve things as fast as possible.

How can we stay on top of this and start the process in march should we remind you again or will you get back to us?

1 Like

Global help & assistance is needed!
We, Turkey, can use the all help we can get!
Please help and spread the word!

1 Like

What has happened in Turkey (and Syria, which was oddly left off) is an absolute human tragedy on an unfathomable scale. But GitcoinDAO is not a charity. A dedicated QF round could be appropriate, not direct donations from the DAO.

1 Like

Earthquakes that hit Turkiye and Syria must be helped to relieve the victims.

3 Likes

every penny that you dont care, has a meaning for somebody! Help Türkiye

1 Like