[Workstream] Fraud Detection and Defense Working Group Assemble!

Hi Everyone, so nice to meet you all in the meeting today! Looking forward to work with/learn from you guys in the future!

3 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m interested in seeing if I can help out! I work on fraud detection and identity at my day job at SentiLink, and have written an Oā€™Reilly book on machine learning. Iā€™m new to Gitcoin but am excited to learn more!

3 Likes

Absolutely most welcome @vjgithub :pray:

Wow @SethW! Thatā€™s amazing, we would be lucky to have you! And we are so lucky to have so many of you with such great experienceā€¦

If you can fill out your info in the sheet below, will make sure we get you on the recurring invite to the meetings and will continue to post updates on this thread - look forward to meeting you!
Anti-Fraud & Collusion Detection Workstream - Google Sheets

1 Like

Filled it out, Jessica! Look forward to hearing more.

1 Like

I was involved in the TE Academy work on this project. I hope it is not too late to join you.

1 Like

Hi there,
this is such a valuable initiative, thanks @JessicaZartler for sharing and everyone involved.
Thereā€™s been a first introduction to Governance you all might find interesting - hereā€™s the recording: https://youtu.be/ZIWskNogafg

Letā€™s share this widely, happy to support with promotion and reporting back to the Stewards group!

3 Likes

Would love to help where I can

2 Likes

Thanks so much everyone!! @SethW @octopus thanks for your interest and look forward to having you help us decentralize this mission!

Iā€™ve Invited everyone who put their email on the sheet to our next meeting
this Thursday, June 10 at 4-5pm EST where we will hold our first educational workshop / introduction to the deeper work of the stream.

:movie_camera: We are seeking a volunteer to record the session - anyone willing? :pray:

@DeoBrands awesome! If youā€™d like to participate please drop your info in this spreadsheet - thanks! Anti-Fraud & Collusion Detection Workstream - Google Sheets

2 Likes

Great, thanks for sharing, already promoted to a few social groups and hopefully some techies will be interested

2 Likes

Hello, I am Chinese and I really want to participate in your governance. My English is not very good, please forgive me. But I have been tracking and researching the blockchain for many years, and I can provide some good suggestions.

1 Like

Hi, hope I am not too late. Iā€™ve added myself to the sheet.

1 Like

What are your suggestions?
Would you like to provide a small one as starter?

1 Like

Hi there are a few new entries to the Google Sheets, any chance to have a look? Cheers!

1 Like

I can take notes and record the meeting, but I havenā€™t been added on the calendar invite.

If you could add me thatā€™d be great (william.y.xuan@gmail.com)

1 Like

Thank you @php @wuhaisheng88 @bobjiang @leon @wyx for jumping in and joining this discussion! :pray: Invites are all updated/sent :smiley:

Which GG character are you and why? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

:books: Reading List:

LIBRARY:

3 Likes

And @wyx you are a hero!!! Thank you SO much for offering, we would super appreciate you recording the session - Iā€™ve sent you an invite :pray::pray::pray:

Invited! Thank you for sharing @David_Dyor - see you there!

2 Likes

MEETING STARTING NOW Anti-Sybil Steward Education Workstream
Thursday, June 10 Ā· 4:00 ā€“ 5:00pm EST
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/pcf-gmfn-yvx

:pray: Thank you so much to all who joined the meeting today!! :pray:

:notebook: Here is the Orientation Presentation from this First Session:

:bookmark_tabs: Meeting Notes:

:mega: Workstream Communications

We will continue to post major updates here on the forum but we are now chatting in the Gitcoin Discord in the :chains:sybil-defenders channel, and the grants are now being transparently reviewed in the :cowboy_hat_face:grants-review channel for those interested in that substream:

:crossed_swords: If you are interested in participating, please add which area you would like to contribute to in this Excel spreadsheet - under the column ā€œSubstream Commits: Working Group Ops & Comms, Grant Evaluations, ML/Data Scienceā€ :

@Jiajia is working on a mapping for the sub stream roles and contacts, will post when she is finished - thank you Jiajia and everyone for your interest in joining us! :pray:

1 Like